Monday, June 4, 2012

Where the Madness Began

As an undeclared Architectural Studies student in college, I spent many hours looking over homemade flash cards with palaces, skyrises, gardens and parks, memorizing people, places and techniques all within a historic culture and story. As my mind melted through the hours of studying, I would eventually call for a break. While my mind declared a rest, my interests pulsed for more shape, color and experience, therefore I would look at the micro environment online. By micro, I mean the built environment within our dwellings; the furniture, the art, our overall personal habitat that is created through small pieces that come together as a whole.
The issue with the internet, as all know good and well, is that there is an immense amount of crap. The trick to finding what you want without knowing exactly what you want, is to tap into a vein of gold. From there you can continue to find new and better sites with new and better products without having to wade through the excrement of the world wide web. That is what led to my exciting, and way too time consuming interest of finding incredible pieces, and finding some of them for a reasonable price.
It was my gold piece, betterlivingthroughdesign.com, that opened the web for me, and introduced me to some key pieces that grabbed my attention and expanded my interest.
This is a "Thank You" to all those involved in BLTD, and a preparatory, "Here's to the future!" for you and I,  to help create a new nugget of gold for the built micro environmental socity, and to college procrastinators alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment